1) The Primary aim of this journal workshop is to improve the quality of journals, articles and research in Malaysia. With the explosion of available information ( both truthful/validated and false/non-validated types), it is important to retrieve what is relevant and useful.
2) Then, it becomes important to process this relevant information and build on it so that it becomes knowledge for the future through journal articles,dissertations,conference proceedings or patents.
3) The Citation Indexes ( the Web of Science), the Impact Factors (Journal Citation Reports and Bibliographic Management Software (EndNote) from the Science business of Thomson Reuters, help in this effort, and the hope is that you take some information back from this workshop so that you can be more effective at using some of these tools/ resources when available.
4) The BENEFITS of attending this seminar are numerous and include learning how to :-
- IMPROVE the quality of articles being submitted to your journal thereby improving your journal, if you are a journal editor/ publisher.
- PRIORITIZE and focus your research effort/funds on particular topics,avoiding duplication, and collaboration with other institutions with similiar priorities, if you are a Deputy VC or Dean.
- Keep abreast of your research area, build-up on other people`s work, and avoid duplication if you are researcher/scientist.
-IDENTIFY journals to publish in or which journals are the best in a particular discipline if you are a researcher or journal editor.
- WRITE and submit journal articles,assigments,dissertations using time-saving bibliographic management tools, if you are an undergraduate,post-graduate,post-doc or researcher.
Date: 23rd October 2009 (FRIDAY)
Venue: IT Centre, PTAR, UiTM Shah Alam
PERPUSTAKAAN TUN ABDUL RAZAK (PTAR)
PUSAT PERANCANGAN STRATEGIK (PPS)
INSTITUT PENGURUSAN PENYELIDIKAN (RMI)
UNIVERSITI TEKNOLOGI MARA